What others have written or said - indirectly - about the Academy of Hard Knocks, in a manner of intellectual and ontological reflection...
- "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me."
- -- Children (while also attending primary school)
- "You have no responsibility to live up to what other people think you ought to accomplish. I have no responsibility to be like they expect me to be. It's their mistake, not my failing."
- -- Richard P. Feynman
- "Better a little which is well done, than a great deal imperfectly."
- -- Plato of Athens
- "If we have free will, by definition we cannot be granted it. We can't be given it. My [-audio-recording-distorted-] paradox states that 'Of course we have free will, we have no choice.' To say that it's a gift is to negate the whole concept of free will on its face. So, if that isn't self-evident, I can't think of anything that would meet the definition of being self-evident."
- -- Christopher Hitchens
- "To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity."
- -- Douglas Noel Adams
- "To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering."
- -- Friedrich Nietzsche
- "A revolution is not a bed of roses. A revolution is a struggle between the future and the past."
- -- Fidel Castro of Cuba
- "The important thing is to not stop questioning."
- -- Albert Einstein